Common people mostly have fickle minds; they’re always guided by what they wish to believe, often with their advantage. When they’re worried, frightened and clueless about the long run they’re most vulnerable to doubt and conspiracy theories. The past 6 months people all around the globe are very disturbed by the COVID 19 pandemic, not really much because of the deadly ramifications of the virus than the restrictions and lock-downs derailing normal life it has introduced its wake. They desperately have to go back to the sweet normal times and live happily ever after, and therefore they jump to simply accept and believe fully when some motivated souls offer that’COVID 19 is a scam, it’s only a’annual influenza ‘. Thus the’doubt virus’is created and the social media marketing as always helps it spread-at times even more quickly than the killer virus. Possibly the basic impulses for skepticism stem from the reality that over 806 of Coronavirus positive cases are mild in nature and recover easily, only seniors with co-morbidity are most vulnerable and that on average the death rate is low at 1 to 4% except for many countries. However, facts also show that the dead includes young people too and anyone can be infected from this most contagious virus.
The conspiracy theories originated in the United States, as always, where extraordinarily’democratic’chapters of the citizens opposed the lockdown and restrictions from the beginning symbolizing these with the’agenda’of President Trump. Several conspiracy theories linking even the tragic murder of George Floyd started doing the rounds in the US of which we will not make an outline here just to avoid vulnerable minds go through and inculcate doubts. We’d only like to mention here that this writer got a cultural media forward giving a connect to articles by some’enlightened soul’who took pains of great arguments to’prove’that the pandemic is just a’political hoax ‘. Once we mentioned earlier plenty of vulnerable people got influenced by this, and none other than a medical surgeon of the Indian state of Assam who even lodged a FIR alleging that only a’annual influenza’has been labeled as a pandemic and he wanted action contrary to the concerned governments. This, naturally, created a string of reactions in their state driving news channels asking the hapless common people about their’doubts’on the COVID 19 infections as opposed to destroying the dilemma.
Now, this’annual influenza’theory breaks down at the essential premise itself: if that is so then this phenomenon must certanly be occurring every year, and why then this year ought to be so different! Governments do not need to have gone on an urgent situation drive to create more and more healthcare facilities including ICU beds merely to tackle an annual event of flu. Then come the experiences of numerous affected countries and governments tackling this’annual influenza’some of which we narrate below as arguments to break such forms of fake and motivated views:
1. Let’s take the exemplory case of the Chinese experiment. Ignoring plenty of conspiracy theories about China itself we only ask here why would China need absolute authoritarian measures to tackle the virus (well, even annual influenza is caused by a virus) when it comes to continuous lockdown and rigorous enforcement โควิด 19. After being successful keeping in mind the infected numbers below 100,000 the united states is still fearing another outbreak, and risking its economic downswing again to avoid its spread. Its aggression against India can also be explained as part of its apparent desperation. An annual flu cannot explain these.
2. Why would countries like UK, Italy, Spain, France, USA and Brazil suffer so much from an annual influenza that killed over fifty percent a million up to now and is still on its deadly prowls? Why would Italy reduce itself to a state of helplessness with dead bodies of Corona patients littered everywhere or why would a German finance minister commit suicide over Corona worries? How one is always to account for a death rate of over 14% (seen in several countries) for an annual influenza virus?
3. Why would the doctors and experts of the World Health Organization continue telling’lies’that the brand new Coronavirus is extremely dangerous that could probably stay for a lot more than couple of years and the worst is yet to come despite whatever campaigns or actions going on or taken against it? We seemed to own accepted at first that this pandemic is the largest crisis ever faced by humankind. Now, why have second thoughts and doubts?
4. Why would countries across the planet continue taking huge risks for an economic crash with unprecedented unemployment and pave the way in which for a recession possibly a whole lot worse than the Great Depression? In particular, why a developing country and a most promising upcoming world power like India should risk whatever it has achieved in development so far.
5. Exactly why is such a mad rush all around the globe to fast-track production of a vaccine against only an annual flu? At the very least this kind of intensive medical research cannot mask an invisible agenda whatever that may be.
In the last few days new cases in India have been rising at nearly 25000 per day with the only solace that daily recoveries increasing steadily and the death rate is fortunately still low; the concern being fully a rising positivity rate indicating community transmission. Only at that crucial juncture we must not pay heed to conspiracy theories and fake news. Such theories have obvious goals: to generate publicity for unknown persons or groups or to make a kill when it comes to profit. As an example, if a link for articles with sensational and terrifying headlines gets circulated across social media marketing and motivated media outlets consider the type of clicks being generated which directly translate into money.